See topic list or Ask a question

Clan McCabe Society

I am an amatuer genealogist from America. My great grandfather, John McCabe and his family emigrated to New York in 1881. I recently traveled to the Carrickmacross area of County Monaghan and as luck would have it, met some of my distant cousins. I can trace my McCabe roots back 8 generations. I would love to share with other McCabes. Does the Clan McCabe Society still exist? If so, can someone send me the address?

Thank You!

Annie Gray-Clark
September 3, 2005 09:14PM

I have address. I just was checking for their website to check the membership rate.
Here is email I have: Brian_mccabeb@entemp.ie

The address is Mr. Brian McCabe, Ivy Cottage, Johnstown, Naas, Co. Kildare.

I am having difficulty with my McCabe roots. Any that settled in New York and New Jersey areas.
Have cemetery plots with monument in old cemetery in Totowa NJ -- people buried before 1900 --and have no idea who they are. My grandfather, James McCabe, was born 1849 - death cert says Brooklyn, NY. He was conductor on railroad on east coast and retired on pension. Died in 1922. Relative remembers someone saying his parents, Patrick Mccabe and Mary Lynch came from County Cork.
Hope the address helps.
Elizabeth

Elizabeth McCabe
January 16, 2006 02:17PM

Thank you, Elizabeth. I have several James McCabes in my tree but none whose father was Patrick. My McCabes are from the parish of Magheracloone in County Monaghan. Most McCabes are from Monaghan and County Cavan. Patrick McCabe may have departed Ireland from Cork but be from elsewhere in Ireland. My McCabes came in the mid to late 1800s into New York City. They all came prior to the opening of Ellis Ilsand (according to census info)so I have not been able to find out the exact arrival dates or ships.If I can be of any help drop me a line.

Annie
January 22, 2006 07:55PM

My great grandfather was named John F. McCabe, lived in New York In the early 1900s and was the cattle commissioner of NYC in the 1920s or 1930s.
He died young and had 3 children Alex, Catheren, & John (my grandfather). I was told there was a family business, but I am not sure if my great grandfather had any siblings. His wifes Maiden name was Josephine Angela Greene. My grandfather was baptized at the Church of the Annunciation in Manhattan. His godparents & first cousins were Daniel M Daly and wife Mary Daily. I was told Daniel worked for a nyc newspaper and had a column.
Please feel free to contact me
Thank you

Shawn McCabe
February 19, 2006 01:06AM

Email address: whereami151@hotmail.com

Shawn McCabe
February 19, 2006 01:08AM

I am tracing my McCabe Ancestors who came from Newport County Tipperary, My grandfather Patrick McCabe emmigrated to America circ early 1900s and settled in New York City he was the Dancing Teacher in The Archbishop McHale FOIF Dancing Class Bronx New York City; I have a photograph of this class in my possession the photograph was taken between 1918 and 1920.

Any Information please contact Mr Dermot McCabe 8 Roslea Road Clones Co Monaghan Ireland Phone 047 20960
Mobile 086 0534310 Email McCabedermot@hotmail.com.

Dermot McCabe
May 12, 2006 06:18AM

I am the daugther of Dermot McCabe, who was son of Thomas Patrick McCabe. I have two brothers and one sister. All of us are aged betweeen 52 - 40 and live in the UK.

Patrick McCabe migrated from southerm Ireland in the 1820's to Cardiff, Wales, UK. he had two sons, my father Dermot and my uncle Patick. I understand there were other brothers of Thomas Patrick (senior) who emigrated to the USA......

Anyone reckon they may have connections to my branch of the McCabes??
let me know

Annie

Annie McCabe
June 8, 2006 02:28PM

My Grandfather was Leland Elmer James McCabe II he grew up in Missiouri and my father the III grew up in Port Arthur Texas. Don't know much of anything else really. My father was born in 1947 i think if that helps any one

Shannon McCabe
July 24, 2006 08:29PM

my grandfather is Edward George McCabe and he was a long shoreman in New Jersey. He later moved to Texas with his family. My father is Guy Charles McCabe Sr. and i'm Jr. I'm looking for anyone who may be able to help me trace my lineage or be family. please email me @ gatdamnkat@yahoo.com if you can help me. thank you

guy c. mccabe jr.
September 3, 2006 10:22PM

My McCabe is Alexander & wife Catherine. Their daughter Mary is found in Albany NY as early as 1846. I don't know if Mary alone immigrated or if her parents also came and I have no idea what part of Ireland they are from. Mary married Bernard Sreenan and they may have immigrated together.

Thank you for any help.
Jeanne
September 10, 2006

Jeanne
September 10, 2006 03:46PM

My Grandfathers Mother was married to a Francis McCabe her name was Bridget. His mother was Theresa McCabe. I am trying to find out any info on them. As of yet I don't have any info on them other then my greatgrandmothers birth was in 1880. My mother remembers them mentioning County Cork quite alot

McClain
November 18, 2006 10:26PM

My Mothers maiden name is McCabe they lived in Virginia. She had an uncle who was a preist called June who lived in New Zealand for a while. My mothers parents Were Violet Coote and Patrick McCabe. Can anyone shed light on the history of this branch?

katie farley (McCabe)
December 6, 2006 05:32PM

Our Clerkin & McCabe Family Of Ontario.....

My grandfather Peter Joseph Clerkin was born 1881
in County Monaghan...
His Parents were Peter Clerkin born 1857 and son of
James Clerkin local farmer,Of Townland Cormoy,Parish
of Aghabog Killeveen. His mother was Jane McCabe born
1858 and daughter of Patk (Patrick) McCabe labourer
of Parish Currin. Patk also has a son Joseph McCabe
who emigrated to Toronto,Ontario where he married
and had one son. (this information is avaliable on
request)We have no information on date or year or
depature or route traveled.
Peter Clerkin and Jane McCabe married May of 1881
in the Roman Catholic Chapel of Aghabog...
Peter Clerkin was ill at the time of marriage and
died July 1881 at the age of 24 years from consumption. Sometime after the birth of the child.
Jane McCabe Clerkin booked passage to Boston,but again date,year and route not yet located.

We believe that Jane had relatives and friends within
the Boston area. We also know that Peter Joseph Clerkin was Baptized in Boston at a Roman Catholic
Church, before they traveled to Toronto to visit
Joseph McCabe and his family.

We have more history avaliable on the families in
Toronto,but nothing more in County Monaghan Ireland.
Our search to locate documents to confirm members of the families(has not been very rewarding). We believe
there are other siblings to follow up on and also
need to find name of spouce.

Hope to make contact with someone who has
ancestor history related to ours family.
Please contact patgamma@aim.com

A Note.......
We have had contact with Mark McCabe of Australia
to inquire about his McCabe/Clerkin Clan, but we could not find any connection.

A Note......
We have also contact Greg and Pat McCabe of York County Ontario, but again no connection.

A note.....
There is a Felix McCabe Family who arrived from Ireland 1829 and settled on a farm in Mono Township.
Dufferin County Orangeville.( this McCabe Clan is
my husbands side of the family )

With Thanks...
Annesisters Of Ontario.

patgamma@aim.com

patgamma@sympatico.ca

Annesisters Of Ontario.
February 21, 2007 09:27AM

My great grand father was Charles Stephenson McCabe last known in New Zealand abt1930. His father was John McCabe from Armagh or Antrim. Charles left Australis for New Zealand bt1914.

Scott Black
February 24, 2007 04:32AM

above is my grandmother's father(genevieve mccabe, b. 8/1902, nyc, d 2003 in wharton, tx). baptized at st. vincent ferrer, nyc.

he is listed as born nyc in 1882--we are trying to obtain his birth certificate/parents' information, so we can identify the immigrant ancestor.

mother was ellen mae murphy, born nyc 1886. any clues or direction would be greatly appreciated!

jack hays
3/30/2007

jack hays
March 30, 2007 01:21PM

re above post: subject is peter patrick mccabe, b nyc 1882

jack hays

peter patrick mccabe
March 31, 2007 09:03AM

My greatgreatgrandfather, Bernard McCabe (b:Jan 1844) came to the US in 1864. His parents were Patrick McCabe and Bridget Brennan. He married Marie Fleming (b:Jan 1845) on March 28, 1865 in St. Peter's ProCatholic Church in Newark, NJ. Marie's parents were Thomas Fleming and Margaret McDonald. We have been trying to trace our roots to the county from which they came, but to no avail. My aunt, cousin, and I are planning a trip to Ireland this summer and would love to be able to visit the area from where our ancestors had lived. If anyone is able to help us out, we would appreciate it.
Bernard and Marie had 9 children: Patrick (b: 1866 d: 1895), Bernard (b:1872), Daniel (b: 1871), John (b:1878), Joseph (b:1880), Thomas (b:1870), Nora (b:1870), Daniel (b:1884), unknown child. Only five children were living in 1900. The family lived on Sheffield Street in Newark, NJ.

Valerie
June 11, 2007 05:36PM

My father was Frederick Lee McCabe, and his father was Clement McCabe. I did not know my grandfather as he passsed on before I was born. I am trying to learn more of my family tree. As for where my ancestiers lived. I would like to sometime visit those places.

Any help you might be able to provide me in learning how to track my family would be much appreciated. E mail mark_ritt@rrohio.com

PS. Greatings from OHIO

Mark F. McCabe
December 9, 2008 12:06PM

Currently researching McCabe family from Co.Armagh. Especially Jane McCabe born about 1850 and daughter of Thomas McCabe and Eliza Johnson. Possibly born in Ballynacor near Portadown. Jane married Gardner Atkinson.

Please email me at brissiemum2@hotmail.com if you have any information regarding this family.

brissiemum2
August 2, 2009 07:40AM

Trying to see if there is any connection between the families Bishop Thomas McCabe of Wollongong Australia and the famous Australian cricketer Stan McCabe.

John McCabe
September 21, 2009 10:58PM

Hi! I am looking for any available information regarding the McCabe family who emigraged from Ireland sometime in the 1860s or thereabouts. They settled in upstate New York. My grandfather, Charles Edward McCabe, was the first generation born to this branch in New York state in 1898. I have very little information from which to draw. If you could tell me where to begin searching, I would greatly appreciate it!

Deborah (McCabe) Doan
September 27, 2009 09:15PM

Just found this website. Very interested to hear from "Annie" as most of my Irish McCabe & McMahon relatives came from Macheracloone parish, Monaghan. Several still there & in vicinity. My grandparents came to the States from that area around 1925 eventually settling in New York City.
FYI to all who are interested (including "Annie") - prior to Ellis Island, many imigrated to the US through Castle Clinton (also known as Fort Clinton and as Castle Garden) that was located at the southern tip of Manhattan. It was used that way from about 1855 to about 1890 when operations moved over to Ellis Island. Over 8 million people were processed through Castle Clinton/Garden.
Go to Castlegarden.org
They are trying to create a database similar to Ellis and have entered quite a lot. Folks pass by this place every day & don't realize what's there.
Happy Hunting to all!
Pat McCabe
Norwalk, Connecticut
(Originally from New York City)

Pat McCabe
October 31, 2009 08:12PM

My gggrandfather was a Moses Macabee from Canada. He married a native american woman (mary metwesh). Does anyone know of this?

Anthony K.
November 8, 2009 09:12PM

I am the daughter of James J. McCabe of N.Y. and then N.J. I know nothing about my heritage on this side of my family. My father worked for Cerro corp. amd remarried when I was a child. Does anyone know this family? My e mail is Lzzebra3@aol.com

Jeanne
November 9, 2009 09:13PM

To Pat McCabe:

I would be interested in corresponding with you regarding McCabes from Magheracloone parish in County Monaghan. Please drop me a line and I'll be glad to sure my information with you. I live on the Outer Banks of NC.My email is dareingwoman@yahoo.com.

Annie Gray-Clark
November 14, 2009 05:54PM

I just found dozens old photos of Maccabe family in the attick or my house in Albany NY... a father Donald Maccabe and possibly son George. I yhink the father was an architect as there were many such books as well
I would like to return these to the family if anyone has any leads.
Ron
River100@aol.com

Ron S
November 18, 2009 09:21PM

hello there. anyone know of A moses mccabe from Canada who married a Mary Metwesh and settled in michigan? also, descedents of larabes from New york?

anthony k.
December 14, 2009 04:47PM

Annie,

I am Michael McCabe (1962);
Son of Peter McCabe (1935) Jersey City, NJ;
Son of James McCabe (1886) Clinton NY;
Son of Peter McCabe (1858) Clinton NY;
Son of Owen McCabe (1818) Ballyjamesduff, County Cavan, Ireland.

I believe his father was Patt (Michael?) McCabe of County Cavan. If any of this is helpful I have a little more information. Please feel free to contact me at ltmccabe@yahoo.com

Michael McCabe
January 16, 2010 10:35PM

Hi there! My grandfathers name is Edward Thomas McCabe he emigrated to Canada on the ship Lake Manitoba from Liverpool with his mother Cathrine. His Father's name was John Percy McCabe....I believe the came here just before 1920. Any info or possible relations please contact me.
hdbeauty@hotmail.com

Jodi McCabe
January 21, 2010 03:42PM

Hi there! My grandfathers name is Edward Thomas McCabe he emigrated to Canada on the ship Lake Manitoba from Liverpool with his mother Cathrine. His Father's name was John Percy McCabe....I believe they came here just before 1920. Any info or possible relations please contact me.
hdbeauty@hotmail.com

Jodi McCabe
January 21, 2010 03:46PM

i, i am looking for any information regarding my great-grandfather,his name was joe (joseph) mccabe he had a brother james,they came from either belfast or monaghan,their mother left them to be reared up by a family the name of bates, in monaghan,all i know is james was missing an arm,maybe from the war or an accident,they were born around 1890 to 1900, i know joe was definitly in the irish army.

maggie mccabe
January 22, 2010 03:42PM

hey im justin maccabe my great grandfather swiched his name from mccabe to maccabe years ago and i to want to learn more bout my family history so if any one wants to post stuff on here please do so!!!!

jay maccabe
February 2, 2010 03:09PM

hi there.. my father's name is John Sydney McCabe.. he was born in australia..i want to find him bcoz i dont see him since i was born .. i wish you could help me.. tnx a lot! godspeed!

Laken McCabe
February 11, 2010 03:28AM

My name is James Philip McCabe Jr from Forty Fort, Pennsylvania. I have been looking for information on a James McCabe who may have lived in or around this area. All I know is he worked on the railroad. He was married to a Sarah Moseman and had two children, James Philip McCabe Sr and Jean McCabe. He divorced Sarah while the children were very young. My family never spoke about him. Anyone who knew his history have all passed on.

James McCabe
February 12, 2010 09:27AM

Seeking information on George McCabe, born 1816 (ish) in Ireland,don't know what year he immigrated to US, if he was alone or with family. I've got him in NY, PA, MI, WI (1858 at birth of son, Charles Walter), 1866 in Virginia City NV, with wife, Frances (25 years younger than George) and son, Charles. He stayed in V.C. until his death in 1875 there. So, I am looking for that connection from US back to his origins in Ireland. Also, figure he was probably married before Frances and probably had another family as there is family story about either other children, or his siblings with the names of George, Walter, and Kate. Any info. would be appreciated. Thanks, Lin linpierce7@yahoo.com

Lin Pierce
February 16, 2010 12:02PM

Hi. I've hit a brick wall in researching the family of Edward McCabe born abt 1814 in Ireland (not known where).

Married his 2nd wife Annie Gillooly (born abt 1840 in Ireland) in 1865 at Mary Immaculate Church, Montclair, NJ.

Three children: Mary Ann (b.1866). Edward (b.1868) and John (b.1870)

Mary Ann had a daughter (my grandmother) Alice in 1901 in NY or NJ.

Any information would be appreciated. Feel free to contact me at herbertkirk@gmail.com

Thanks.

Marcia
March 14, 2010 07:36PM

My grandfather John Barnabas McCabe, circa 1880, was a retired RR worker residing in covington Ky. Most of his clan settled in Springfield Ohio. He married Marie Bruegger, & the children from marriage: John Erin (Jack), Robert John, Thomas Eugene, & Delores Marie.
John B would be 2nd generation in U.S. out of Ireland. Also listed in this clan are Fitzgerald, King to name a couple that I know of for sure. Any help out there?

john b mccabe
March 19, 2010 01:12AM

My great Grandfather was John McCabe from County Monaghan. He lived and died in DeKalb Illinois. His cousin Annie Kelly followed and lived in Chicago. She live in the orphange in County Monaghan.
Can anyone help?

Julie
March 23, 2010 05:56PM

Hi! My great-grandfather was Terence McCabe, who lived and died (abt. 1897) in Corlealackagh, Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan. He married Catherine Markey, another fairly common name in Co. Monaghan, I understand. My grandfather Patrick and all his brothers came to America between 1893 and 1923, when Catherine died. Most of them had large families, and there are many cousins. Most also live(d) in the Philadelphia and suburban areas of southeast Pennsylvania. I'd be happy to share whatever information I have with anyone who's connected! Please let me know if you are.
Joe McCabe

Joe
March 25, 2010 08:42PM

My Gt grandfather Daniel McCabe was born in Drunboy, Cty Leitrim 5/22/1825 and arrived in NY on November 10.1849 on the ship Siddons.

When naturalized in Lowell, Ma on 11/1/1856 he used James McCabe (brother) and Michael Gilroy as references.

Daniel and his wife maria Cinningham are burried in St Rochs Cemetary in Oxford, MA where they had a farm.

Edward D. McCabe, Smithfield, RI, son of Edward J. McCabe of Worcester (Dec 1966). member Clan McCabe Society

Edmccabe@cox.net

Ed McCabe
April 28, 2010 08:52AM

My maiden name is McCabe. My grandfather, Edward McCabe, was from Bundoran in County Leitrim - one of eight children. He was born in October 1888 in the parish of Manorhamilton, the son of John McCabe and Annie Lisa Boyd. Their children were, in order of birth, Barney, John, Mary Ann, Hugh, James, Sarah (known as Sadie), Edward, and Elizabeth

Edward married Nora Hannon, daughter of Michael Hannon and Nora ??. They both came to New York separately in 1905 and married in May 1917. I have never been able to locate them on immigration records. They had four children - Elizabeth, Edward (my father), John, and Thomas. Thomas is the only one still living today.

Please email me at chidcabe@aol.com if you have any information. Thanks!

Nora Chidlow
May 10, 2010 08:28AM

I am William C. McCabe
Father was Allen Garey McCabe
GF William George McCabe
GGF Thomas McCabe, immigrated on the ship Edward at the age of 10 from Londonderry to Philadelphia in 1853 to live with his brother John, 10 years older. He married Annie Spear in Rock Island Co Illinois in 1865. Produced a son, William George McCabe and then Annie died. Thomas then married Josephine Peasely and had 5 children, Joseph, James, Charles, Margaret, Ann? They settled in Iowa near Tipton and were later joined by John and his wife Margaret (who died on the same day and are buried in Red Oak Cemetary in Cedar County Iowa).

I have been unable to find any trace of the half-brothers of my GF William who was the City Engineer for Tipton, Iowa.

www.billmccabe.com
wmccabe62@yahoo.com

Bill McCabe
May 11, 2010 06:51PM

I am Kathryn McCabe (1998) Westfield,Massachusetts,
Daughter of Michael McCabe (1962),also Westfield
My grandfather just passed away and it made me more interested in my family history. You can reach me at mjkmccabe@verizon.net

Kathryn (Kate) McCabe
May 29, 2010 10:28AM

My mother was born in Newark, NJ May 23, 1928. She was given the name Dorothy by her adopted (maybe not officially, don't know) family. Her name was really Doris. When she was getting married for the 2nd time and almost 40 she was given a baptism certificate and all it said on the back was Mother: McCabe Father: Finley. Mom is 82 and has dementia but my brother and I are still wondering if we have family somewhere. I was told my mom's mother's first name was Genevive and that she was married but her husband may not have been mom's father. We were also told she had a brother and sister but we do not know if any of this is true. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know this is off the beat and track but I would like to know if I am also part of the McCabe clan. We did see a pic on the web of the family in New York and my mom bore an uncanny resemblance to one of the women in the picture.

PATTY JACOT
June 1, 2010 06:31PM

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any info on the McCabes of Boa Island Co. Fermanagh. My ancestors were Catherine McCabe born 1837 daughter of Francis McCabe and Mary O'Donnell of Boa Island.They emigrated to NSW Australia in about 1857.

Many thanks
Helen shogren@btinternet.com

Helen
June 16, 2010 05:48PM

Hello All
My name Scott William Jamieson MCcABE fROM Scotland
Glasgow
My father and grandfathers names were WILLIAM FERGUS MCCABE
My duaghters name is Iona McCabe
Are there any Scottish McCaBES FROM Arran where the clan came from
Best regards Scott

Scott M cCabe
June 18, 2010 03:22PM

Hello All
My name Scott William Jamieson MCcABE fROM Scotland
Glasgow
My father and grandfathers names were WILLIAM FERGUS MCCABE
My duaghters name is Iona McCabe
Are there any Scottish McCaBES FROM Arran where the clan came from
Best regards Scott

Scott M cCabe
June 18, 2010 03:23PM

Hi my name is Jodie McCabe from vancouver B.C. Canada
My Grand father was William McCabe from prince george B.C. Canada.

Jodie D.V. McCabe
July 2, 2010 11:40PM

Another branch checking in. I'm Bill McCabe. My website explains me pretty well www.billmccabe.com .

My GGF was Thomas born in 1843 (brother of John who was 10 yrs older). They left Londonderry in 1853 on the Edward and arrived in Philadelphia. The ship registry says they were from Ballyborough (sp) in Co. Fermanagh. The settled in Iowa, near Tipton in the township of Red Oak in the county of Cedar.

Thomas married Annie Spear in 1865 in Rock Island Co, IL. My GF William George was born in 1866. Annie died in 1868 and Thomas remarried and had 5 more children, James, Joseph, Magaret, Adelle, Elizabeth.

My email is wmccabe62@yahoo.com

Bill

Bill McCabe
July 23, 2010 12:49PM

The story in my family is that our McCabe is from Scotland. My grandfather, John A McCabe b. MA, his father John I McCabe b. PA and his father John H McCabe b. CT. John H's father, name unknown, is said to have come from Scotland. I know he had a brother Frank & maybe 5 other siblings. Anyone having information to share on John H would be appreciated.

Stacey
July 27, 2010 11:09PM

Hi

My great grandfather was Owen McCabe born about 1831. He married Elizabeth McGinnis (Mcguiness) in Co Durham, England. Their daughter married Owen Hughes. We know the Hughes family came from Carrickmacross (probably Magheracloone (Maraclune)) so there is a possibility that both families came to England in the 1850's. We also know their was a general move of Carrickmacross families to north west Durham (new coal mines were being opened up) in the 1850's.

I know many of the McCabe family are still living in the Leadgate, Consett area of Durham.

John Morgan

John Morgan
August 8, 2010 05:38AM

John Arthur McCabe was born approx. 1835 in Cork Ireland. He was said to have stowed away on a cattle boat to South Carolina. He was to meet his brother/brothers who had come before him. The date on the 1900 U.S. census for Richland County, South Carolina, states 1847 (which made him 12 years old) was his arrival in the United States. He married Mary Rabon in Richland County, SC. I am looking for information on his parents and brothers or other family members of that time. I have most everything else going forward...I just would like more on his birth and siblings. Can anyone help?? You can reach me at joyce.mccabe5@gmail.com with any possible leads.
Many thanks!

Joyce McCabe
August 8, 2010 10:08AM

Researching a Felix McCabe b. 11 July 1817; married Ellen/Helen MOORE from County Monaghan. Married on 2 July 1837 in Midlothian, Edinburgh, Scotland; came to US around 1840 and was in Peterborough, Canada in the early 1840's before moving to NY then to Ohio and ended up in Lenawee County, Michigan. I know of one brother to Felix named Hugh who resided in Hudson, Michigan where he died in 1905. Their father was Patrick and mother was Ann/Anna HAND or HANNA.

Felix McCABE
August 30, 2010 06:46PM

I read that some of you were looking for McCabe's that had came from Cork County, I think I may have some of the answers your looking for. My family came to Albany, NY from there and settled in parts of upstate NY. if interested please let me know.

rosaliesmama@yahoo.com

Brittany McCabe
September 17, 2010 10:27PM

My mother was kathleen McCabe married to Patrick Mchugh in county monaghan Ireland, her sisters are theresa,rois,maureen and susan with one brother Tom all of whom are decease except for Susan.

IF ANY ONE CAN ADD INFORMATION ON BOTH SURNAME I WOULD BE GREATFULL.

Martin McHugh. 19.09.10

martin
September 19, 2010 09:17AM

I am the daughter of John Madden McCabe who was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada 18 Feb. 1924, died Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada 3 may 1989

Paternal grandfather: John James McCabe died 7 Aug 1947 - age 56

Great grandfather: Patrick McCabe died 24 March 1929 - age 78 Married to Sarah McCabe died 12 Feb 1921 - age 59

Great-great grandfather: Patrick McCabe died 30 May 1901 - age 88 Married to Jane McCabe died 31 Oct 1903 - age 78

All except my father are buried in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Can't determine WHERE original ancestors came from in Ireland. Any ideas?

Wendy Anne McCabe
September 23, 2010 09:27PM

i'm brian mccabe father bernard a.jr. grand father bernard sr, from caven ireland

bmcmem@aol.com

mac
September 24, 2010 02:42PM

I am The McCabes from Kilkenny Ireland..

Andrea
October 29, 2010 06:08PM

John B. McCabe
You and I have the same Great Grandfather John McCabe of DeKalb Illinois & Cousin Annie Kelly of Chicago. I too am looking for information. Who is your immediate family? Mine is Marian McCabe, Daughter of Leo McCabe, DeKalb, son of John McCabe, DeKalb.

Julie
November 12, 2010 03:45PM

Born in Belfast 1950 to Peter and Josephine McCabe - sister Pat, moved to Newcastle United Kingdom and then immigrated to South africa. Has lost contact with all cousins etc. Can anyone help.
email : pavmccabe@mweb.co.za

Peter McCabe
November 19, 2010 01:53PM

My grandfather is Rapheal McCabe born in 1899 was in the us marines I think we were originally from Scottland but scottland goverment made the family leave and they all moved to Ireland not sure where. Rapheal married Mary Igel of newark oh

Rapheal McCabe
November 23, 2010 12:52PM

trying to find history on My grandfather Matthew A McCabe Sr-- born May 2, 1858 in Cavan (Ballyjamesduff) Ireland--Son of Susan Clarke and James McCabe--- arrived in new york on September 12, 1915-- He had a brother Owen J McCabe -- grateful for any information
thank you

Janie McCabe
November 28, 2010 06:42PM

Does anyone know of a John McCabe living in or around the Consett area of County Durham In late 60s Early 70s

John McCabe
December 15, 2010 07:35AM

I am looking for information on a James McCabe who married a Mary Smith and had one child Felix who was born on 19/4/1847 in Greaghnafarna in the parish of Killinkere in Co Cavan,James was my Great Great Grandfather.As far as I know Felix was an only child so I'd be looking for the parents or siblings of his father James so if anyone has a James McCabe listed as a brother with a father possibly called Felix hailing from that area I'd be keen to hear.
I know this is a very long shot.

Brendan.McCabe@btinternet.com

Brendan McCabe
December 31, 2010 08:08AM

For Felix McCabe who posted this msg:

Researching a Felix McCabe b. 11 July 1817; married Ellen/Helen MOORE from County Monaghan. Married on 2 July 1837 in Midlothian, Edinburgh, Scotland; came to US around 1840 and was in Peterborough, Canada in the early 1840's before moving to NY then to Ohio and ended up in Lenawee County, Michigan. I know of one brother to Felix named Hugh who resided in Hudson, Michigan where he died in 1905. Their father was Patrick and mother was Ann/Anna HAND or HANNA.

Felix McCABE
August 30, 2010 04:46PM

I was doing unrelated research on a different line of Felix McCabe's when I came across this post from 2008. Copy and paste the link and search for Felix --it should be easy to spot. The info matches exactly. Hope the info is useful!

Dave McCabe
elust00@gmail.com

[genforum.genealogy.com]

Dave McCabe
January 3, 2011 05:52PM

Looking for the Richard J Mccabe (b.1848) family from Arthur township Ontario Canada.
Henry was married to Ann E(b.1850)
children
Mary B (b.1880)
Henry W. (b.1882)
Charles A (b.1884)
Veronica m (b.1886)
Francis R. (b.1890)
Annie F (b.1894)My Grandmother.
Looking for any information possible on the family history and looking for any relatives.
Thanks, Kate
Sign4me35@aol.com

Kate Anyon
January 7, 2011 08:55AM

My great-great grandmother Elizabeth McCabe came to america from Belfast, Ireland with her 2 sons. Two year old Ambrose McCabe(my great grandfather), and three month old John McCabe. Thats as far back as I can track my family on my dad's side... My grandmother Elizabeth(her maiden name is McCabe) was telling me how her father Ambrose came to america & I want to know if I have any family relations back in Ireland. I'll be 16 next month & for my graduation present(a few years down the road), would be to see if I could go to Ireland & meet any distant family. If anybdy has any information of use please let me know. smiling smiley

Courtney Lewis
January 9, 2011 02:34PM

Hi I'm looking for info on Mary Maccab all I know is she married Pattick Kinnaird in 1890 I think thay had 4 children 1 of them being my great grandmother Catherine (Kathleen) born 1895 I can only find Patricks 2nd wife nothing more on my gg thanks

Melski
January 10, 2011 12:36AM

My email for above msg melissawirth373@hotmail.com

Melski
January 10, 2011 01:08AM

Looking for McCabes from the Ballyjamesduff area in Co Cavan.
My grand father was Felix McCabe, he married a Bridget Murray from Lavey.
His siblings were--Johhny/john-Peter-Phillip-Bartle-Patrick-Katie-Mary-, and 1 or 2 more.

Acousin of my grandfathers-Felix,Pat Felix McCabe, married a Maggie Cooney.
Amstill trying to compile more info, but as many know, it can be hard..
Thankyou.
Maureen.

Mo
February 4, 2011 04:47PM

I've been informed there is a gathering of the Clan McCabe, Aug 9, 2011 in Ballyconnell, Co. Cavan. It tugs on the heartstrings to think of all the answers that might lie in such a gathering.

William, son of Allen, son of William, son of Thomas from Ballyborough, Fermanagh, born 1843, died in Iowa. Offspring: William, James, Joseph, Charles, Maraget.

Wmccabe62@yahoo.com

Bill McCabe
February 8, 2011 03:03PM

hi all i am looking for any information on daniel maccabe (1835) pottle, bailieborough or any brothers of his.his wife was annie mccaul

mark
February 11, 2011 09:18AM

I am researching the McCabe's that originated in Australia.I am trying to find the birth date and place of John McCabe and his wife Emma Troughton married in Australia district CB in 1854. They had ten children, mostly in Mudgee. First born John McCabe 1855. Emma 1857. James 1859. Ellen 1861. Peter 1863. Catherine mary Ann 1865. Annie 1868. Francis 1870. Amelia 1872. Milchiannah Dorcas 1875.Please email me at alicia84@mail.com. Thankyou.

Alicia Palmer
March 5, 2011 07:12PM

I'm looking for any information on Matthew McCabe(b 1845) of County Cavan. He was married to Bibianna Gillick(b 1846). They had at least 10 children(possibly 13),Thomas, Felix, Patrick, Bridget, Margaret,Elizabeth,John,Mary,Peter and James(my great grandfather). If anyone has any information on ANY of this family please contact me lbpotempa@gmail.com thanks for any help that you have Linda(McCabe)Potempa

Linda(McCabe)Potempa
March 15, 2011 09:42AM

Hi
I'm looking for any information on Thomas McCabe(1815) and Catharine ?? (1817). They Emmigrated from Ireland to NY between 1842 and 1848. They had daughters; Mary, Elizabeth (Betsey), Rosanna, Catharine, Margarette, Bridget and Theresa.

Please contact me at Lyndarob3@hotmail.com

Lynda
March 15, 2011 02:29PM

My grandmother was Daisy McCabe married to Alonzo Robinson Her father was William H. McCabe married to Emma P. Brownlee. His father was John James McCabe married to Catherine Brown. His father was Patrick McCabe married to Katherine Fitzpatrick. Do not have much info. Looking for someone to share. Thank you.

Robin
March 30, 2011 06:39AM

Hi:
I am looking for family members of Owen McCabe who lived in Newark,New Jersy from aprx.1833.he was married to catherine McCabe,their daugther Josephine married Peter A. Smith ,they had three children(Mary Eugina ,Thomas Gerod and Eugine mccabe smith)They all lived in south orange New Jersy up to 1940s.peter smith became Clerck of essex county around 1935.I need to get in touch with any of the survivers of this family.I have a suitcase full of documents and memorebilia from Owen McCabe and children.You can email me at tcarchitectural@aol.com

david
March 30, 2011 12:48PM

My ggg grandfather, Anthony F. McCabe was born abt 1801 in Pictou, Halifax Nova Scotia. He became a Rev. in the Anglican Church and married Sarah Sherar in 1833 in the Anglican Church in New Carlisle. Anthony and his wife moved to Skaneateles, New York and appear on the 1840 census as well as the 1850 census. They had 4 children, Mary Ann, Elizabeth, Lucyette E. and James Alexander (my gg grandfather). The 1850 census is the last census that Anthony appeared on. Sarah, Lucy and James are on the 1855 census. Mary Ann died in 1854 according to an Obit in the Democrat newspaper of Skaneateles. A. F McCabe is listed as her father. I do know that Lucy, mother Sarah and brother James moved to Paducah, Ky. I cannot find Anthony F McCabe anywhere after 1850. Any information on this elusive McCabe would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
AMC

email: axc213@aol.com

AMC
April 7, 2011 09:31AM

Hello
I have made a crude map of my family, unfortunately I only have my direct ancestors.
I am Kathryn McCabe (1998) Westfield,Massachusetts,
Daughter of Michael McCabe (1962),also Westfield
I have Their siblings but I do not have their siblings offspring. Once again please email me any info @ mjkmccabe@verizon.net

Kathryn McCabe
April 17, 2011 09:59AM

Hello,
My father Robert McCabe (1922), Grandfather Cyrus McCabe (1886), Great Grandfather Joseph (1851) and Gr. Gr. Grand Henry McCabe all lived in the Harrisburg, Dauphin county PA area. I have a report that Henry McCabe's father John McCabe lived in the same area but I do not know where or when he was born. Or who his parents were. Is anyone familiar with this group of McCabes in PA? Any hints at all are greatly appreciated.

Scott McCabe
April 27, 2011 07:14PM

I have been looking into the history of my Mother's Family.

Sylvia Anne McCabe - is my mother - 1942 - present
Patrick, John, Judy, Nina, Sheilla, Bonny, Marylee, Victoria, Margaret, Suzie all her sister's and Brothers.
Her Father was William McCabe - 1898 - 1989
His wife was Victoria (Chimoloski) McCabe
His father was George or James McCabe Married to
Mary Elizabeth McCabe (do not know her maiden name.)

Prince George B.C. Canada is where we all came from. I just know they arrived in eastern Canada and moved to BC in the Mid 1800's. They were originally from Dublin Ireland. If anyone knows anything more please e-mail me...

Tatsu_Tenshi@hotmail.com

Christopher V.L.
April 30, 2011 08:33PM

My name is Edward J McCabe

I am looking for information on:
THOMAS McCABE (born about 1810) and wife
BRIDGET CARNAHAN FITZPATRICK (born about 1815)

Children:
KEREN McCABE (1838)
MARY McCABE (1840)
JOHN McCABE (1843)
ELLEN McCABE (1847)
THOMAS McCABE (1852)
WILLIAM McCABE (1854)

They lived in SHANNONBRIDGE County Offaly Ireland and immigrated about 1845 to UPSTATE NEW YORK (GILBOA, STAMFORD, WORCESTER).

THOMAS (1810) had a Father who was also named THOMAS (about 1760) from BALLYJAMESDUFF County Cavan.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Ejmcc@aol.com

Edward McCabe
May 6, 2011 04:03PM

from what i can gather from my history of the name mccabe it was spelt mccabba and came from the isle of arran they then migrated to ireland and then back to the west coast of scotland one thin for sure it's got to be one of the biggest clans in the world

charlesmccabe
May 11, 2011 03:37PM

Hi I'm from South Africa. I never knew the McCabe clan is so BIG... In South Africa we are a small group but we don't see each other a lot. My Husband is Edward Charles McCabe and so my son. My Father in-law is Francis Josef Albert McCabe and his father was Edward Charles McCabe. I know my husband’s grate grand Father who was a Magistrate in Port Elisabeth came from Ireland. But I would love to know more… Please give some advice.

Regards, Hanli

Hanli McCabe
June 2, 2011 12:54PM

I am trying to trace back The McCabe family ancesters. It appears the McCabe's I am looking for are from the Philadelphia, Pa area. This is what I have so far:

Thomas McCabe B-Ireland married Sarah Eliz. Brannon. THey had 4 children: Thomas, Patrick, Martha & Michael

Thomas McCabe 1864 Ireland-1914 Phildel.PA married Elizabeth in abt-1885 in PA. They had 2 children: Thomas abt-1885 & John McCabe abt-1886.

Thomas McCabe 1885-abt 1968 married Jeannette Supiot (from France) in 1906 in PA. They had 2 children: Thomas Aloysius abt 1909 and Mary Rita 1911-1955

So, can anyone out there help me out? I would love to hear from you. Email me at jasfdillon@comcast.net

Thanks,
Sandy
jasfdillon@comcast.net

Sandy
June 14, 2011 06:25PM

Hi Hanli McCabe,

You left no contact details, I'm aslo a South African McCabe, and can trace my roots back to my Grandfather Dominic Patrick McCabe born 7th February 1885, please contact me to see if we can share anything. kevin.mccabe@mweb.co.za

Kevin McCabe
June 25, 2011 06:33AM

My grandmother, Margaret McCabe, married Hugh Clarke in New York City in 1899 at St. Patrick's Cathedral.
They returned to County Cavan (Belturbet) where they raised eleven children on a farm. I have the family tree from that date on.
I understand Margaret's father and the author of "The Butcher Boy"s father were brother and sister.
My husband John F. McCabe III was the son of Jr. Whose father was from Avoka, Pa. His grandmother, Ellen Calvey McCabe had some Cherokee blood. They had seven children whom they raised in Newark, NJ.

I think ancestry.com--first month free-- is very informative.

Maureen Clarke McCabe
July 4, 2011 06:57AM

i'm Margaret McCabe daughter of Hugh McCabe he was born 1948, also grand daughter to Margaret McCabe & Hugh McCabe, granddad was in ww2 navy, after war he was a boxer for wee while from belfast at the time. not sure where my grand parents are from so would be kwel if anyone has any info email me ad: dragonlaws1972@hotmail.com

margaret McCabe
July 9, 2011 11:11PM

Hello. Just in case of an outside chance of making a connection.

Have been asked to trace whereabouts of a Hugh McCabe formerly of 19 Finlas Street Glasgow. He would be 76 years old. Was in Forces, played football for Troon Juniors.Had brother and sister.

He was best man at wedding of Dunoon man hence reason for search

Please contact info@castlehousemuseum.org.uk

Castle House Museum Dunoon
July 18, 2011 09:56AM

Brigett McCabe/AUNT/belfast
Margaret/peggi McCabe/AUNT/belfast
Mary McCabe/AUNT/belfast
John/sean/McCabe/UNCLE/He lived in england in the 60's & 70's/now in belfast/has kids in england he's not seen in years.
Hugh McCabe/my dad/belfast
Margaret McCabe/Granny/belfast/pased away
Hugh McCabe/granddad/belfast/pased away
looking relatives off my granny an granddad just want to know where they came from... contact with info: dragonlaw1972@hotmail.com

Margaret McCabe
July 27, 2011 07:03AM

Looking for information on Bridgit McCabe, born 1818 in County Monaghan, Ireland. Migrated to Canada and married John McDaniel on October 6, 1848 in Peel Township/County outside of Toronto, Canada. John McDaniel was also from County Monaghan and was born about 1820.

Steve
heidt@uwm.edu

Steve
August 22, 2011 01:49PM

I have a John McCabe who married a Sarah Armstrong they had many children - one was names Sarah "Sally" she married a David Barns. Her sister Catherine McCabe married a James Barns and Elijah Ferrell. James and David were brothers. I came from the Barns Family. In 1822 the name Barns changed to Burns the ansestor who's name was changed was William R. Burns his father was a David Barns the same one that married a Sarah McCabe. Even though Sarah is not William's mother. I hope this helps matters. If would like more info please let me know. My e-mail is thetigress@ymail.com

Amy Burns
September 2, 2011 02:06PM

My Grandfather was Matthew A McCabe from Ballyjamesduff (born May 2, 1858) not sure when he left Ireland but I do have his Certificate of Naturalization from King's County Brooklyn, NY Dated October24,1887---
His Parent's were James McCabe and Susan Clarke from Cavan Would love to find out more about my grandgrandparent's -- My Father was Owen Joseph McCabe (born in dublin 9/20/10) he was named after an uncle in Cavan
Thank you for any information
Janie McCabe

Janie McCabe
September 4, 2011 03:01PM

Hi!
My McCabes are from eastern North Carolina in the 1800's, specifically Tyrrell County and Washington County North Carolina. Some of them moved to Pamlico County (Oriental, NC) in the early 1900's. My Great Grandfather was Len Frank McCabe. My Grandfather was Franklen Lionel McCabe. I've hit a roadblock in the late 1700's in Eastern North Carolina, and will send more detailed information later, but I'm hoping someone is familiar with this McCabe branch.
Thanks! Lynn

Lynn
September 9, 2011 06:12PM

Looking for the McCabe family probably from Iowa. An older brother was left in charge of a younger brother, the younger brother was killed in an accident and the older brother was disowned from the family. This probably happened in the early 1900's.
I know this is vague, but I thought I would try.

smmccabe65@yahoo.com

Sean
September 14, 2011 12:13AM

Looking for information on family of Francis McCabe and Elizabeth McCabe (from Co. Monaghan?). Son, Michael, born ca 1850, emigrated to NYC ca 1870. Michael married to Sarah Nixon. Died NYC 1930.

thanks for any help.

EMcCarty
September 14, 2011 06:30PM

Hi, I am looking for information regarding my great great grandfather Peter McCabe who immigrated to Pennsylvania in 1847 and married Mary Stafford in 1857. He lived in West Moreland county when he first arrived in the U.S.A. and then he and his brother Michael McCabe and wife Bridgett Brady moved to Broad Top City, PA. I think he was from County Cavan?

If you have any information please email:
jandj1987@yahoo.com

Jackie
September 19, 2011 06:06PM

My McCabes are Patrick Benjamin McCabe who was born in Ireland or Pennsylvania, depending upon the records used. He lived in Philadephia, Pennsylvania, where he married Mary Jane Farren. They moved to Chester, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. I don't know where in Ireland this McCabe family is from. No one seems to know much about the family other than one of the sons, William McCabe, was a semi-professional baseball player in the late 1800s/early 1900s.

Laurie
September 19, 2011 11:22PM

Hello McCabe Clan, my g-g-g grandparents were Matthew McCabe & Catherine Quinn/McCabe, Ireland,settled in New Burnside,Ill.,USA,they had five sons,three daughters,son William (Will)married Anna Connally (spelling ?),my g-g grandparents,they had four daughters(McCabe name ended here),daughter Anna Frances McCabe married Martin Michael Noonan,my g-grandparents,they had two sons,two daughters,the oldest son Michael M. Noonan was my grandpa,married Hazel D. Oder,they had one son,five daughters,daughter Margaret is my mother,i have two brothers,five sisters,three children,two sons,one daughter,five grandchrildren.Martin & Anna McCabe/Noonan lived in Northern Ky.,my grandparents lived in Cincinnati,Ohio (across the Ohio river) where i grew up.G-grandma Anna McCabe died @ a young age of a health condition.More McCabe info can be found @ St.Frances Desales/McCabe Cemetary/Records, Johnson Co.Ill.,or St.Mary's Cemetary/Records,Kenton Co.,Ky.

Teresa
September 28, 2011 12:58PM

To Teresa who just posted Sept 28,2011.. I am part of the McCabe's that you are from. William's sister Anna was my g-g grandma. Who do you have as all the brothers and sisters of William? Do you by chance know what year the McCabe's came to America? I think it might of been 1857 but not sure.
you can email me at nmurray74@aol.com

Thanks Natasha

Natasha
October 2, 2011 02:05PM

I am researching the McCabes of Pueblo Colorado. gg grandfather Mathew McCabe (1849) County Caven arrived (1863) Married Mary Hinds
sons: Leo Eugene (1883), Joseph R (1893), Vincent J (1896), Matthew Edward (1883);daughter: Bernice M(1898).
I am trying to find Mathew's family (he was 14 when he arrived, must have arrived with family).
Also, decendents of Matthew Edward: Edward(1907)
Eugene (1909), George (1910), John F (1912)
Looking for relatives or information. Thanks.
larindan@yahoo.com

Dan Larin (grandson of George McCabe)

Dan Larin
October 2, 2011 03:29PM

I am from the Kilkenny Mccabes who migrated to Australia John Mccabe was my Great,Great grandfather his wife was Ellen Butler who died before they left Ireland.My great grandfather was Thomas Charles Mccabe, my grandfather was Robert Emmett Mccabe, my dad was Ian Robert Mccabe
Bishop Thomas Mccabe of Woolongong was my fathers 1st cousin grandson of Thomas .Stan Mccabe the cricketer is not in our family tree.Paul Mccabe who played Rugby League for Australia is from the Bishops branch of the family.

chinka Mccabe
October 7, 2011 03:49AM

Looking for information regarding McCabe family from Bannockburn Scotland and later Glasgow. They originated in Ireland, and some later immigrated to Canada.
Joseph McCabe 1884-1987 of Glasgow, son of John McCabe and Bridget,married Catherine Flynn , his son John 1921- 2005

Michele
October 15, 2011 01:10AM

my name is steve mccabe from glasgow originally
my grandfather was born in Ireland but was evicted from ireland along with thousands in the potato famine

am travelling to ireland so i wanted to know where most mccabes came from in ireland
i always thought it was monaghan

steve mccabe
October 18, 2011 04:06PM

Hi,

I have traced my McCabe roots back to a James McCabe born c1941 who moved to Scotland and married a Mary Calley. They had 4 children James, Matthew, Robert and Mary and lived in East Kilbride. In the 1871 Scottish census James is listed as coming from Ireland and that is where I have hit a wall. If anyone can give me a line of enquiry or who has traced James to Scotland I would be delightedto share what I have.

Many Thanks

William McCabe
October 22, 2011 09:42AM

I am pursuing information about my great grandfather John J (James I believe) McCabe of NYC, NY. The family lived in the 125th St and Broadway area of Harlem. I don't know his wife's name. He had sons, John Jr born c 1900(married to Nora Clancy arrived NYC 1917 from Toneybrucke IR via cork, they had 9 children) had a moving company business in NYC), Valentine(a member of the religious order the christian brothers), William, James, daughter Anne(?) of Arlington,VA. There might have been another son or two. We believe this John was born in NYC. We want to find out John J's parents name and when and where they were born. We are trying to find out when this side of the family came to America.We believe his father was born in NYC but we have no date nor parents names. We would also like to know where this side of the family originated..we believe somewhere in Cavan, Ireland. If anyone has an info to share we would appreciate hearing it.
Contact info:
name: terry
address to contact: arthistory4u@aol.com

terry
November 7, 2011 10:10PM

Looking for ancestry lineage of:
Thomas McCabe B:1884 in PA D: 1937
Married: 1907 to Jeannette Supiot

??????
Father: James McCabe B: 1855 Ireland D: ?
Mother: Bridget B: 14855
Married: 1882

I hope I have the correct lineage. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
Sandy

jasfdillon@comcast.net

Sandy
November 15, 2011 11:00PM

Hello.
Still looking for McCabe connections, from the Ballyjamesduff/Baileoeborough/Waterloo/and surrounding area"s.
Grt Grandfather--Peter McCabe
Think he married a Mary ?

Grandfather-----Felix McCabe-m-Bridget Murray, she came from Lavey. She had a sister who was a tailoress.
GRT Aunty Katie Murray married John Plunkett

Maureen Laird
November 16, 2011 06:45PM

Researching Andrew McGivney and Catherine McCabe McGivney. Catherine came from Pottlebrack, county Cavan.. Believed to be married in 1829-30, They had two son's in Ireland, Bernard in 1830 and Owen 1830. They immigrated to Usa around 1835, they settled in Malone NY. One or several of Catherine's family members ( McCabes ) traveled with them and Settled in Malone Ny, it was an Irish Area at the time. Lots of McGivney's and McCabes still live there, they god parented for each other. Catherine's father we believe was Dennis McCabe, catherine was the youngest. The rest of the children that Catherine had Mary 1836, Patrick 1839, (died in Civil War), Catherine 1842, Ann 1846. If anyone has some info on the McCabe clan that matches up with these names and dates please email me... steve McGivney irishrover@verizon.net

Andrew McGivney and Catherine McCabe
November 18, 2011 02:22PM

Any info re mathew or Owen j mcCabe from ballyjamesduff Cavan truly appreciated
Thanks
Mjmtulip@comcast.net

Janie McCabe
November 30, 2011 08:36PM

Looking for John McCabe that e-mailed me about the McCabe connection.
Have tryed repling via e-mail.
Would you please contact me again.
Kindest regards.
Maureen.

Maureen Laird
December 5, 2011 02:40PM

I am researching my grandfather - Thomas McCabe's 3 siblings who emigrated to USA from Crossragh, Mountnugent, Co. Cavan between 1890 and 1906. Margaret McCabe (b 1869) may have emigrated first in the late 1890s and married Martin Power, who I think was from Tipperary and they had 3 children, Margaret, Alice and Robert Eugene. I think that Margaret Power married a Johnson.
My grandfather's brother's Patrick (b.1874) and John (b.1880) emigrated to USA around 1905/6. Patrick married Catherine Butler and lived in Rhode Island. They had 4 children:-Gerald, Harold, Laurence and James.
I think that John died from T.B., possibly in Kansas shortly after emigrating.
My grandfather Thomas and his batchelor brother Owen remained living in Cavan until their deaths in 1917 and 1922 resp. Their parents were Owen McCabe and Mary Gaffney.
I would be delighted to hear from anyone who may have any info on Margaret, Patrick and John McCabe.

Matt
December 5, 2011 03:57PM

Hi, Researching John McCabe (born around 1835) who married Elizabeth Watkins around 1858 and had at least one son, Albert. Cannot find any info on John and Elizabeth and would like to keep going back if possible. Our family settled in Wisconsin. Thanks for any info!
peggyschmitz@sendoutcards.com
Peggy

Peggy McCabe-Schmitz
December 29, 2011 10:54PM

Hi, I am trying find some imformation about our Great Granfather's sister Maria McCabe (nee Eccles). All I have is a New York Times article "New Zealander's visit:
The Rev JC Eccles of Hawkes Bay, New Zealand is at the Everett House on his way to Albany County to visit a sister he has not seen in 37 years. She is a widow. Mrs Maria McCabe of 1/125 Seventh Avenue, Watervillet. Mr Eccles is a minister of the Church of England and was an army Chaplain during the Maori war. He is a native of Tyrone Ireland and this is his first visit to America. He told a Times reporter that he is greatly impressed with New York's high buildings. Mr Eccles arrived on the Germanic and was in Liverpool only twenty minutes."

Rev Eccles came from Cookstown, Co Tyrone. He was born at Ecclesville, Fintona.

Any informationa about Maria would be great.

email: wendy.eccles@yahoo.co.nz

Wendy Eccles
January 13, 2012 12:03AM

To, John mccabe, my uncle John mccabe know to us as sean its short for John in ireland, he was in england in the 60's an 70's. he came home after his dad passed away Hugh mccabe but never made it to his funeral. i know he left his own wee family behind in england around Durham.. and never went back. my uncle is short in hight most mccabe in belfast are small in hight.. if he is same person ur looking for u'll know right away as to his two bird of peace tattoos on his hands. hope the information helps smiling smiley

margaret mc cabe
January 21, 2012 07:39AM

Anyone here have any information about a Michael J McCabe born ~1865 perhaps from Co Cavan and immigrated in ~1884 and died ~1939? He married a Mary Lowrey/Lowry and they had three or four children - Joseph, William, Leo and maybe Mary all born Ohio, USA.

Michael's parents, I think, were John McCabe and Jane Collins both born Ireland.

ALH
February 11, 2012 11:44PM

Have hit a brick wall on Ancestry; my sister and I are researching our grandmother's McCabe roots. What we do know is that his name is William, his fater was William and he was born in Ireland in 1857. At some point went to Whitehaven,Cleator, England to work in the mines. We know that William his father had died before they got married because that was noted on their marriage certificate, that we sent for. He married Maryann Levelle dob 1858 married in England in 1878. Maryann Levelle, father Owen Lavelle was from Armagh County Northern Ireland. Immigrated to Pennsylvia in 1884 to a small town of Nesquenhoning. They had 4 daughters that lived, Maryann, Susanna, Elizabeth and Margaret. We are do not know If there is anything you can tell us we would be very grateful information. My e-mail is mbvogel@rochester.rr.com .

MARY BETH
February 24, 2012 10:58AM

Going backward from myself (b1945);
Father - Robert Knight McCabe (b1925)
Grandfather - John Robert McCabe (b1896, d1936)
G Grandfather - John Bernard McCabe (b1864, d1935)
GG Grandfather - John McCabe [nmi?] (b1831, d1909), possibly came from Co. Cavan.

Michael Patrick McCabe
February 25, 2012 08:15PM

Going backward from myself (b1945)
Father - Robert Knight McCabe (b1925)
Grandfather - John Robert McCabe (b1896, d1936)
G Grandfather - John Bernard McCabe (b1864, d1935)
GG Grandfather - John McCabe [nmi?] (b1831 - Co. Cavan? - d1909)
GGG Grandfather - Stephen McCabe [nmi?] (b???? - d1855?)

The information I have on GGGG Stephen is that he married a Katherine McKeown whom also died in 1855?.

I wondering if GGG John actually came from Ireland. He is buried in the Bath Cemetary, Campbell, Ny I think.

I am hoping for more information on GGGG Stephen.
Anything anyone can add would be appreciated.

juneway209@juno.com my email address.

Thank you
Michael

Michael Patrick McCabe
February 25, 2012 08:29PM

I am researching my mother's Uncle (Walter Leo Clarke) who immigrated to Brooklyn, NY around 1900. Walter and his sister Mary Elizabeth Clarke came from County Cavan, BallyJamesDuff. I was told Walter Leo Clarke was friend with some of the McCabe family from Ireland and Brooklyn, NY. Walter Leo Clarke, had a wife, Marie Josephine Clarke, and 4 children: Walter Clarke Jr. who drowned in Gravesend Bay in 1934; Marie Clarke, daughter a teacher, Audrey Clarke, daughter, and a son Brenden or spelled Brendan F. Clarke. My mom will be 91 this year and is trying to find out what happened to Brendan, her cousin whom she last heard from in 1960. He worked for Bristol Myers Squibb. Walter Leo Clarke, his wife and 2 daughters passed away in the 1950s. Any information would be much appreciated. Thank you. Kevin Sweetser cny0115@aol.com

Kevin
February 29, 2012 07:14PM

Hi my mother was a McCabe. She lived in Australia and is now deceased. Is this clan related to Cardinal McCabe of Dublin 1816 to 1885. John

John Ward
March 4, 2012 07:23PM

I'm trying to trace a Thomas McCabe back to Ireland c1820 he married Ann Connell. Any help appreciated Thanks William

William McCabe
March 5, 2012 01:18PM

Came across this site one day and it made me think of a very closs childhood friend of mine... Terence McCabe from Little Neck, N.Y.,born in 1955, brother of Tim,Jack and Maryanne. Father was a detective with the N.Y.P.D. I moved away in 1967 but always think about the good times we had as children in the neighborhood. Anyone out there?

Phil D.
March 9, 2012 10:26AM

My father was Thomas Mccabe

My grandfather was {Patrick or Henry } not sure. who married Rose Mccabe in County Monaghan and moved to the U.K. Widnes about 1880. They had five children.
My father the eldest played Rugby League for Widnes amergrated for a time to Australia, where he was one of the First Kangaroos in 1980.
He later returned tothe U.K. Would love to know more.

Ruth Mcabe/McGahey

Ruth McGahey
March 10, 2012 09:07PM

Amendment Date father played for the Kangaroos was 1908 not 1980

Ruth McGahey
March 10, 2012 09:27PM

Hello McCabe's! I'm looking for other McCabe's that might be related to James (1780-1878) and Jane "Jennie" McCabe (1786-1882) of Preston Township, Wayne County, PA (possibly also known as Pleasant Mount). They were married in Ireland and emigrated with their 4 children (Hugh-my gggf, James, John, Mary Ann). They lived close to St. Juliana's in the Rock Lake area. In 1850 James and Jennie were living with Hugh and his first wife, Margaret Tully McCabe in Preston Twp. Hugh later moved to Olean, NY, and remarried to Margaret Howard. His oldest son James Vincent was my ggf. If you have any leads on James or Jennie, or are otherwise related to my McCabe branch, please let me know.

Mike McCabe
mikemccabe23@gmail.com

McCabe's in NE Pennsylvania
March 13, 2012 12:46AM

I'm looking for my great-great-great grandparents McCabe. They immigrated from Ireland before my great-great grandfather William Henry McCabe was born. He was born in July 1855 in New York State and married Catherine Seifert (or Siefert). They lived in Erie County and Wyoming County. He died in 1923 in Buffalo.

Tracy McCabe
March 25, 2012 05:05PM

I am Richard James Stephen McCabe born in Corpus Christi ,Texas,and eldest and first born son of Richard Peter James McCabe born in Cotulla ,Texas,eldest and first born son of Peter James McCabe Jr. born in Puebla ,Mexico,eldest and first born son of Peter James McCabe Sr. born in Neenah,Wisconsin,and eldest and first born son of Felix D. McCabe who was born in Monaghan,Monaghan ,Ireland on August ,4th,1830,son of Patrick and Kate McCabe.I know we have many connections to the McCabe's of Wisconsin and some in the Chicago ,Illinois area.This is not surprising given the fact my great -great grandfather Felix and his wife had eleven children of which my great grandfather Peter James was the eldest. I can account for all my blood relations of the McCabe line in Texas which distinction I give our rather small clan down here as the McCabes of LaSalle the name of the county of which my great grandfather made his residence.My grand uncle Thomas Walter McCabe moved to Chicago,Illinois before the World War 2 and establish his residence there.I know I have a 2nd cousin James who is of his issue amongst his other children who were born there.I also include them as part of the Mccabe's of LaSalle as my grand -uncle also grew up in Cotulla,Lasalle County,Texas.The Patriarchy of the McCabe clan descended from Felix and Katherine McCabe rests in me as I am in the direct line of eldest and first born sons but it will also probably end with me and then pass on to my brother Joseph and his son Sebastion this if one follows the Salic law of primogeniture.-----If one has any more information related to the Clan McCabe of the Neenah-Menasha area or of Patrick and Kate McCabe of Monaghan ,Ireland I would be most grateful.I will journey to Neenah and shortly to Ireland to lay wreaths at the graves of my forefathers and have Masses said for them at their local churches.I include all of you my realtions always in my prayers and petitions before God and do indeed ask the intercession of all our holy ancestors now in the glory of heaven and company of God on our behalf.

rick
April 5, 2012 03:28AM

I am the great-great-grandaughter of Rose (Rosanna) McCabe (Boyce). She was married to James Boyce and had two daughters, Sarah Boyce (Bickle/Cole/Sliker), and Mary Jane Boyce (Ladd). Rose's parents were William and Jane (Burn) McCabe and they resided for most of their lives in Bennington, Wyoming County, New York, although William was born in Ireland. Sarah Boyce was born in 1866, she was my great grandmother. We cannot locate any information on Rose. She does not appear on any census after 1860 and we cannot locate her in any cemetery in Wyoming Co. James, Mary Jane and Sarah appear by themselves on the 1870 census. I would love to know any information you might have on the McCabe family. Thanks for your help.

Vicki
April 30, 2012 07:37PM

Looking for information about Bernard McCabe family from Leitrim Co., Ireland. Lived in Ogle Co., Illinois, Iowa and Otoe Co, Nebraska. May have been married to Ann Cahill? and Bridget Welsh. His children were Barney McCabe Jr. b 1862; John b1855 Catherine b1858, Mary Ann b. 1861.

Margaret Skean
May 28, 2012 05:55PM

Looking for information about Bernard McCabe from Leitrim Co., Ireland. Lived in Ogle Co., Illinois, Iowa and Otoe Co, Nebraska. May have been married to Ann Cahill? and Bridget Welsh. His children were Barney McCabe Jr. b 1862; John b1855 Catherine b1858, Mary Ann b. 1861. Appreciate any hints I could get.

Margaret Skean
May 28, 2012 05:57PM

In Response to Chinka McCabe (7 Oct 2011)

The John Joseph McCabe b.1799 x Ellen Butler is my 3rd. Great Grandfather. I have information on descendants from that lineage.
I would be interested in hearing from you re any extra information that you might wish to share. Contact me on email; johnlmccabe5@bigpond.com

John McCabe Australia
June 10, 2012 06:08AM

I am trying to trace the descendants of two brothers of my great grandfather who emigrated to Lenawee County, Michigan from Monaghan Ireland in the middle of the 1800's.

Patrick McCabe

Patrick McCabe
June 11, 2012 11:57AM

I am trying to trace the McCabe side of my family. the only information I have is that my grandfather was Thomas McCabe born in New York City date unknown about 1899-1900 baptized in St. Raphael's Church 502 W 41st Street, New York, NY 10036 Supposedly birth records were destroyed in a fire.

There may be sisters Margaret Mary, Rose, Elizabeth and Brothers James and Farrell.

My grandfather's father may be Farrell McCabe or Farrell may be my great-grand mother's maiden name.
I understand that this branch came from County Cavan. Unfortunately I have no idea when,

Ray Gromadski
June 13, 2012 12:52PM

adding to my post of june 11 these two brothers settled around blissfield ferndale adrian area and i do not know their first names. they had a brother hugh who died in hudson in 1902.he had a son who was named francis. patrick

patrick mc cabe
June 13, 2012 01:53PM

Hi.
My GGGrandmother was Elizabeth McCabe, born@1879 in Co. Antrim.She married Joseph Shirlow on Oct 19th 1895 in Lambeg Church of Ireland. They lived in Drumbeg and had 12 children. Three died in infancy, one, William, was killed in WW1. Joseph died in 1954, Lizzie before that. Her parents are possible William John McCabe and Mary Gilpin from Co Armagh but I can't confirm. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. Angela

Angela Stock
June 18, 2012 07:14PM

Hi
I am searching for a Joe mccabe whose grandad Patrick (and Patricks brothers left monaghan..Corlealackagh,Castleblaney, 1893 -1923 when Catherine their mum died.Her husband was Terence mccabe)He said that they had large families and settled around Phil. and S.E. Penn. Thanks. I am Barbara... e mail is btmac6@eircom.net

barbara
June 26, 2012 05:25PM

Hi
I am searching for a Joe mccabe whose grandad Patrick (and Patricks brothers left monaghan..Corlealackagh,Castleblaney, 1893 -1923 when Catherine their mum died.Her husband was Terence mccabe)He said that they had large families and settled around Phil. and S.E. Penn. Thanks. I am Barbara... e mail is btmac6@eircom.net

mc cabe b
June 26, 2012 05:50PM

mc cabe b
June 26, 2012 05:51PM

My gggrandfather was born Albert James McCabe May 27, 1862 but raised by 2 Clark families. He then assumed the Clark surname. He visited the grave of his mother near Chicago but we don't know his birth parents names. I don't think he was officially adopted but he grew up and resided in Henry County, Illinois. Please write if you have any information on a McCabe family with a child Albert born 1862. Thank you in advance!

Michelle Brown

Michelle
July 1, 2012 09:37PM

I am searching for information on Bernard McCabe born c1833 Cavan Ireland married 17 November 1856 to Catherine Caulfield, He died 24 November 1863. Catherine emmigrated to New Zealand in 1874 with their 4 children. I am part of that new zealand family and would like to know more about the early families. How many brothers and sisters did bernard have and things like that.
Edith

edith
July 2, 2012 04:14AM

searching for info on a rosa mccabe born around 1860' she was my ggg grandmother last recorded info i have she was in rathdown co.wicklow.:-)

phyllis
July 4, 2012 04:30PM

Born in Greenpoint, Bklyn,lived in Queens, LI,Korea,Upstate NY(the Good NY) .Mother,Elizabeth Mallon,father,Matthew J McCabe
My Mallons came here in the 1890s.My McCabes were here from the famine(or before) in NY(God help us).
From reading history,it appears the McCabes were Gallowglasses for the McMahon(a name on my mother's side).I would assume that many of the McCabes would have left Ireland,c1600 AD,when the Earls(Red Hugh and The O'Niell)left to fight for the Catholic Spanish and French.
My grandmother,Margaret Mary Mahon Mallon,Would tell me the story that when she came to America(1898),she was 5 or 6,her Uncle and Aunt led her up the stairs in a NY tenement,after 4 or 5 floors,she wanted to know if she was going to Heaven(guess not).
In one of our many trips to Gettysburg,we were in the Appalachin Brew Pub,and a very tall oriental (but not quite), bartender,said he liked my T-shirt(it was the McCabe family crest).Naturally(being Irish),I started to get belligerent because I thought he was insulting me.He then said his name was McCabe and from further conversation, his father was from Greenpoint,Brooklyn.It seems he was my grandnephew(?).
He had served in the 10th Mountain Division,his father had served in Vietnam-I was in Korea at the time-small world.
Any other McCabes from Greenpoint out there?(or Long Island City)?

Tommy
July 14, 2012 06:52AM

Hi,I'm looking for any info on family of Owen McCabe born in Ireland 1836 immigrated to US 1862. He married Mary McCann, from Dublin. Their children: Edward (my GGF),Steven, Eugene, CHarles, Arnold, Alexander, Henry, and possilbly John. Thanks! jillymbilly@hotmail.com

Jill Bulow
July 30, 2012 09:35PM

I am reposting this 2 years later for my mother, Pat Jacot. She wrote on here back in 2010.This is what she wrote..My mother was born in Newark, NJ May 23, 1928. She was given the name Dorothy by her adopted (maybe not officially, don't know) family. Her name was really Doris. When she was getting married for the 2nd time and almost 40 she was given a baptism certificate and all it said on the back was Mother: McCabe Father: Finley. Mom is 82 and has dementia but my brother and I are still wondering if we have family somewhere. I was told my mom's mother's first name was Genevive and that she was married but her husband may not have been mom's father. We were also told she had a brother and sister but we do not know if any of this is true. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know this is off the beat and track but I would like to know if I am also part of the McCabe clan. We did see a pic on the web of the family in New York and my mom bore an uncanny resemblance to one of the women in the picture. You can contact her at: pattyjac13@yahoo.com

Kristie Wnuk
August 6, 2012 07:15PM

Researching Iowa McCabes - surnames - Spratt, McCabe, Reading, Butler,

Wm H Spratt b: 1857 m Mary Ann McCabe @ 1878 Iowa County, Iowa.
Mary Ann McCabe b: 1860 ;
in 1900 Census they resided Greene Twp, Ia, Ia.

Also seen York Twp, IA, IA.
Have this families lineage.
This is my childrens fathers line.

Please contact me at
Kellyjoe7@hotmail.com

Kelly Smith, kellyjoe7@hotmailcom
September 8, 2012 11:14PM

Hello everyone,

I'm researching my grandmothers lineage. Her name was Anna Frances Watson (madien: Manley). Her father was Fredrick William Manley. Her Mother was Helena Walker. Helena was the daughter of Henry Walker and Anna McCabe born abt. 1882 and they resided in the Massachusetts area. Records indicate that Anna Mc Cabe's parents were from Ireland. I'm trying to find out who her parents were and I think it would be pretty interesting if we had ties to the Clan McCabe

lnw71308@yahoo.com

Linda
September 19, 2012 11:30AM

Sorry correction to my above post. Anna Mc Cabe was born abt. 1854; married in 1873 and Helena was born abt 1882

Linda
September 19, 2012 01:25PM

Hi, I'm Anne McCabe. I'm searching for information about Patrick McCabe, b.1812-1820 and Catherine McGough b.abt 1825 (great grand parents) Patrick and his brother Peter emigrated from Ireland ( I believe Parish Emartris) and arrived in Greenwich, N.Y. in 1851. they worked in the Lyme Pits there. Catherine followed with 2 children ( James b. 1845 and martha b. 1849) in 1854. My grandfather, John McCabe came to N.J., married Catherine Murphy. They lived in Mt. Hope,Morris Co. N.J. They were miners.
I'm trying to establish where Patrick, Peter and Catherine were born. I have mixed results. Either Monaghan or Meath. I found them buried in Old Victory Cemetry and the headstone said Parish Ematris.

Ancestry.com lists 2 posibiliteies. /either Bryan McCabe and Mary Roe or Bernard McCabe and Mary Roe. Does this match anyone's family tree? Anne
e-mail: mccabeanne70@yahoo.com

Anne McCabe
September 27, 2012 11:05PM

My Maternal Grandfather was James Edward McCabe from Marietta, Ohio, USA. He was born February 29, 1888 or 1889. I believe, his father was Peter McCabe (Birthplace unknown to me). I would like any helpful information. e-mail: thesojourner@sojournershub.org

R. E. Fuller
October 5, 2012 10:23PM

My great-grandfather was George McCabe and great-grandmother was Wilamenia Ehlers(maiden name). They lived in Chicago in 1900 and later emigrated to Willow Bunch, Sask.
My grandmother is Alice. Many boys in family! One sister Ovid took the veil, Cecilia died of appendicits
waiting for the doctor, "Pinky" who lost his finger cutting wood as a boy.
Lots of information!
Paula

Alice
October 15, 2012 09:21PM

To Edith in New Zealand.

I have a little bit of information on Catherine Caulfield who married your Bernard McCabe, and her family and descendants if you are interested. Catherine was my great-great-grandfather's sister. I have also been in touch with one or two members of your New Zealand branch. You can reach me at tomcaulf@yahoo.com.au

Tom.

Tom
November 7, 2012 08:18AM

Hello

My Grandmother was Maggie Mc Cabe born in Rosenallis Queens County (Laois) in 1888. She emigrated to USA in 1929. Her brother Thomas went in 1905 and I am looking for his decendants as my grandmother did not have any other children after my Mother.

Are there US Mc Cabes interesting in coming to Ireland for the Gathering in 2013. If I get some interest I will organise.

[www.thegatheringireland.com]

Marian

marian Spence
November 29, 2012 07:43AM

I WOULD LIKE TO ASK IF ANY MCCABES ARE RELATED TO... EDWARD CARDINAL MCCABE OF DUBLIN...BACK IN 1830"S. MY GREAT-GREAT GF BRO.....JEFF

JEFFRY MCCABE
December 5, 2012 06:24AM

Any in formation on Francis and Elizabeth would be appreciated. I would be interested in a gathering in 2013...

Terrance McCabe son of Francis McCabe and Elizabeth (Eliza) Connaughty was born on 28 Nov 1837 in County Cavan, Ireland. He died on 26 Oct 1919 in Magnolia, Iowa.

(Great great grandparents) Terrance McCabe and Martha Jane Dugger were married on 20 Jul 1865 in Maury, Tennessee. They had the following children:

(My great grandmother)
Mary Ann McCabe was born on 01 Oct 1876 in Mondamin, Iowa. She married Stephen Edward Morrow on 10 Jun 1894 in Mondamin, Iowa. She died on 28 Feb 1973 in Wagner, SD Buried Wagner Cemetery age 96.

John F McCabe was born on 20 Jul 1866.
Peter M McCabe was born on 09 Nov 1871.
Frances C McCabe was born on 27 Sep 1875.
Agnes M McCabe was born on 29 May 1879.
Nellie McCabe was born on 27 Oct 1882.
Terrance B McCabe (died at birth).
Eliza McCabe.

Kate Martin
December 30, 2012 01:04PM

My great grandfather William Francis McCabe was born in East Morris, NY in 1858. His father is William Frederick McCabe born 1830 in Ireland was the son of Patrick and Annie MacCabe. Family records say that they were from County Kildare in Ireland. I'm trying to trace this line accurately.

Pashley@yahoo.com

Peggy Ashley
January 3, 2013 02:07PM

Hi,

I am looking for information regarding my great great great grandmother, Mary McCabe.

She married William C. McGowan, who was born in Cork, Ireland, and they had a son, George Henry McGowan who was born on July 17, 1862 and who passed away in 1922.

George Henry McGowan married Melita (maiden name unknown) and they had children:
Leslie McGowan, born July 30, 1898,
Robert McGowan (birthdate unknown),
Gertrude McGowan, born Oct.20, 1900,
Melita McGowan born Dec.8, 1894,
Charlotte McGowan born April 25 (year unknown) and finally my great grandmother Gladys Audrey McGowan, born August 9, 1904.

My great grandmother Gladys passed away in British Columbia, Canada.

Any info on Mary McCabe would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
tallynn4948@gmail.com

Tallynn
February 7, 2013 02:55PM

Trying discover origin of family Patrick McCabe & Bridget O'Neill, born 1802 & 1804. Married c.1825. Children John born c. 1837 and Agnes born c.1845, supposedly at Glenlow. Can't find on map?

Gothraidh
February 10, 2013 12:21PM

Hi my name is ray!
I am trying to find the history of my grand uncles who emigrated from Cavan from 1907 to 1914.
My grand mother was Mary Anne who was born on 27 feb 1888 I also know that Bernard was Born in 1884
They were I think? Thomas Patrick and Bernard
I know that Bernard left Ireland from queenstown on the ship Cedric on the 21st oct 1914 aged 20 and arrived NY On the 30th. They lived in the phyladelphia area and were in the cement/ construction industry.
Any help would be very much appreciated

Ray smith
Dublin
Ireland

+353862551919
Ray@rsmith.ie

Bentley
March 5, 2013 05:14PM

Looking for further inf about my ggg-grandparents Francis McCabe b. 22Feb 1852 and Catherine (nee McHugh) b.1858. Mothers side ggg-grandparents are John Phelan and Catherine (nee Dee) b. 1 Sept 1850?
My gg-grandparents are Francis McCabe b. 2Feb 1876 and Bridget (nee Phelan) b. 1880?. Post from "McLain" on Nov. 18, 2006, are you still out there? Most of the above are from New Brunswick and Newfoundland.

Stephen A. McCabe
Iamsam2u@shaw.ca

Stephen McCabe
March 7, 2013 01:26AM

My ggg grandmother was a Margaret Jane Mccabe
born Manning River Australia 1850's,married John Tonkin 1875. Her father Henry Mccabe Bailiff residing in Newtown, mother Susan Nevien,both buried Taree NSW cemetery. Henry died 1913 I think. I think there was a sister of one of the called Kate.

Ellen
March 10, 2013 08:41PM

I am Robert Jerald McCabe I have three children Jeremy Katie and Brennan. My father was Robert Joseph Mccabe 1921. He had two brothers and a sister. Tommy Dolly Jack McCabe all lived in Latonia Ky.My great grandfather was a twin and from alarge family Loretta Katie Mildred Elsie Norma Al his twin and Alice.The all lived in on Prices's Hill in Cincinnati ohio.My son Jeremy has three now Jesse Molly and Eliza and my daughter is pregnant with female twins. The clan is safe.Before my great grandfather I have some information.Around 1854 Barney McCabe married Lisa Jane Terry and their daughter Katie McCabe married Dennis Fitzpatrick.There was another daughter Annie McCabe who married Mike Fitzpatrick and a Brother John McCabe SR. who married Molly Gallagher.I have quite a bit more..and am trying to put some names and dates together...thanks for any help.rmccabe20@hotmail.com

Jerald McCabe
March 16, 2013 08:43AM

My maiden name is McCabe and I am in Iowa. My father passed when I was a yr old so I have no real idea about the actual McCabe line that I am from...my father and his father are all from Iowa. M so was his dad....but before that they were in Missouri? And married a woman named Moran. Her sisters were nuns...theywent to the chapel in Santa fees NM where the spiral stair case miracle took place in the 1800's. That is about all i know sad smiley if you think there is information that you know about my family...let me know! Maybe we are family?

kathy McCabe
March 24, 2013 02:42AM

To Kathy McCabe:

My dad is from Fairfield, IA. But the main branch of our family lives in (or is buried in) Sullivan County, Missouri (northern MO). My dad's mother was from Iowa, with her maiden name being Freshour. If this rings a bell let me know.

To anyone else reading, I have been able to trace my McCabe roots all the way to the early 1800's with Catharine Gaveny McCabe (b. 1811) and Michael McCabe (b. 1802). They had six kids altogether. I believe four of them born in Ireland, and the last two born in Wisconsin. I can trace my family back to Monaghan County, Ireland, but that is as far as I have gotten. I don't even know either one's parent's names, which is one of my goals.

Some other popular names my dad has talked about, and ones that I have been able to trace on ancestry.com has been Schoonover and Hostetter.

From me, this is the order of my branch:
Dad: Kenny McCabe (b. 1964)
Grandad: Earl Dean McCabe (b. 1940)
GGF: Charles E. McCabe (b. 1892)
GGGF: James E. McCabe (b. 1851)
And lastly, GGGGF: Michael McCabe

If anyone has any information here's my email.
anmccabe90@gmail.com

Thanks.

A. N. McCabe
June 4, 2013 12:40AM

Searching for info on Terence McCabe, lived in Fond du Lac/Taycheedah, Wis around 1851. Married Hanora Callahan. Children: Bridget (Delia), Mary Ann, Michael Frank, Hannah, Peter, Catherine, Frank. Died 1869, buried St. Charles Cemetery, Taycheedah. Born in the north of Ireland, came to US with brothers Peter and Michael. May have been a carpenter in Ireland.

Chris
June 4, 2013 11:45PM

Most of the posters here have family coming to the U.S. much later than mine, and that has been a problem. My ancestor is Miles McCabe, born about 1750-1760. Immigrated to U. S. before 1798 and was in Venango County, Pennsylvania. Married a woman by the name of Mary (aka Polly) Douglas about 1800. The family moved to Ohio about 1817; found in Wayne County, Ohio in the 1820 census. I believe Miles died sometime prior to 1840, but after the 1830 census. I have never been able to find where in Ireland Miles was born. Does anyone have McCabes that came to the U. S. in the late 1700's...? Please contact me at ribbonbear@gmail.com. Bonnie

Bonnie
June 9, 2013 06:04PM

Looking for McCabe's of Co. Down or Co. Tyrone, who left in the mid 1700s and settled in Pennsylvania and later Ohio.

I have:

John Mc Elderry
b ca 1721 Ballymoney, Antrim, N. Ireland

md ca 1762 Chester Co., Pennsylvania
Ruth ?

resided near Canonsburg, Washington County, Pennsylvania

Jonathan McElderry
b 26 May 1771 County Derry, N. Ireland
d 9 April 1848 Carroll Co., Ohio

md 27 March 1794 PA

Margaret Mc Cabe
b 8 May 1773 Ballymoney, Antrim, N. Ireland
d 13 Mar 1838 Ohio

Jonathan Webster McElderry

Birth 1771 in Derry, Cavan, Ireland, United Kingdom
Death 1848
Carrollton, Ohio, USA

Parents
John McElderry 1721 –

No Mother known but could be Ruth Webster
Spouse & Children
Margaret McCabe 1773 – 1838
Robert McElderry 1800 – 1864

Family Members
Parents

John McElderry 1721 –
Ruth Webster 1726 –

Spouse & Children
Margaret McCabe 1773 – 1838

Elizabeth McElderry 1795 – 1852
James McElderry 1797 – 1875

John F. McElderry 1799 – 1859
Mary McElderry 1800 – 1832
Robert McElderry 1801 – 1864
Richard McElderry 1803 – 1866
Israel McElderry 1806 – 1893
Jane McElderry 1808 – 1819
William McElderry 1808 – 1882
Samuel McElderry 1811 – 1836
Margaret McElderry 1815 – 1852
Jonathan McElderry 1817 – 1898

Mikki
June 28, 2013 04:57AM

My great great grandfather John McCabe was born in Cavan County, Ireland 08 June 1803/8 to Daniel McCabe and his wife Rose Clark. John emigrated to the United States in the mid 1830's and settled in Albany County, New York. He married Harriet Toles in 1841. He the relocated to Schoharie County, New York and had 4 daughters and 1 son. In the early 1850's the family relocated to Minnesota Territory where he had his last child, a daughter. The male line of this
McCabe family died out as the only son had only daughters. The family in buried in Oak Hill Cemetery in Hennepin County Minnesota. Story goes also that John may had a brother, James. Any tips or comments would be most appreciated

Larry
July 13, 2013 11:04AM

in reply to bill mccabe i am a decendant of daniel mccabe if you would like info contact markcrosby77@gmail.com

mark crosby
August 11, 2013 11:31AM

hello im looking to trace any family still alive in Ireland my grandfather is Patrick McCabe from Drogheda Ireland he left about 70years ago to move to England to marry my nan would love to trace any family still living there

if you have any information please email me on: jemmalouisemccabe@gmail.com

many thanks

jemma mccabe
August 11, 2013 01:12PM

My friend descends from the same family as Stan McCabe the test cricketer for Australia in the 1930s. They share a common great-grandfather.

Looking for Stan's great grandparents Owen McCabe and Mary Wholahan, Carlow, Ireland who had a large family including Stan's ancestor Edward b 1827 and Joseph, my friend's ancestor b 1836.

Warrawillah
August 15, 2013 09:46AM

Looking for information on McCabe's from Rhea County, Tn. circa 1850's. Believe there are several descendants still in the area (mccabedavid@yahoo.com)

David McCabe
September 3, 2013 12:30AM

Hi other McCabes!! I am looking for the parents of my great grand parents: Patrick McCabe. b. 1812 in Ireland. I found his gravestone in Old Victory Cemetery in New York stating he was a " native of Parish Ematris Monaghan."
Catherine McGough b. 1825. they were married in 1843. they had 2 children born in Ireland: james b.1843-5 and Martha b.1848.

I have not been able to find any information for them in Monaghan. I have found a Baptismal certificate for a Patrick ( correct birthdate) with a father Bernard, but it was in Meath.

Patrick and Peter arrived in Greenwich,Washington, New York in 1851 and Catherine and the 23 kids arrived in 1854. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Anne McCabe

Anne McCabe
September 9, 2013 01:04PM

Looking for Boston relatives of Rosa MCCabe ( of Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada) who married Panfilo di Paolo in Boston, in 1906. Call me at 403-730-9422

Stephen
September 15, 2013 05:56PM

1820 settlers to South Africa.
My great grandfather Joseph McCabe married Emma Elizabeth Field (born 1860)in King William's Town. Can trace her side, but no info on Joseph at all.
Can anyone help please?

Cookie
October 5, 2013 11:55PM

1820 settlers to South Africa.
My great grandfather Joseph McCabe married Emma Elizabeth Field (born 1860)in King William's Town. Can trace her side, but no info on Joseph at all.
Can anyone help please?

Cookie
October 5, 2013 11:59PM

Hi Clan McCabe,

I am researching my grandfather, Charles McCabe from Armagh, Ireland. Possibly known as

Charles Stephenson McCabe
Charles Stevenson McCabe or
Charles McKnight McCabe.

It's possible he had three different wives, Rose Marie McCabe from Brisbane, Australia - Ethel Maude Rial in Austrlia and Ethel Marris in New Zealand.

I have a birth certificate for him as Charles McKnight McCabe born 20 August 1886 to John and Martha (McKnight) in County Caledon, Armagh. The name of the town starting with D is illegible to me.

Any light anyone could shed would be gratefully received.

Fiona McCabe - magicfifi@hotmail.com

Fiona McCabe
October 12, 2013 01:48AM

Are any Mccabes on here, related to any Andersons. mostly located on the west coast?

Anderson
October 12, 2013 11:59AM

Hey fellow McCabes!

My family and I are currently in Australia, migrated from Durban South Africa 15 odd years ago.

My father is Colin Basil McCabe (born 1957ish) with sisters Rae and Debbie McCabe. Their father was Frank Basil McCabe (deceased) from Livingston Zambia and married Judy Plotz.
Franks father was also either Frank Basil or Basil Frank McCabe and I was told he or his father were adopted though I'm not sure how true that is.

My Grandfather Franks suicide was sudden and all contacts with McCabes were lost when my father was young.

If by the off chance that anyone has any information about this family line it would be GREATLY appreciated. Christie_jessop@outlook.com

christie McCabe
October 16, 2013 07:08AM

i,m looking for info on Francis Mccabe from Magheracloone--father of Micheal mccabe who was Born Aug 17 1841 in Magheracloone the family later left for canada

James McCabe
November 5, 2013 09:53PM

Hi everyone, I am researching Jane Mccabe who married Patrick Doyle. I have Jane's death certificate (Newark) that states her Father was Thomas And mother Elizabeth Cunningham (however the Cunningham appears is was written in after the fact). Anyone familiar with these names? And I obtained death certificate of Elizabeth Cunningham that was signed by Jane Mccabe Doyle in 1912. I am trying to place them in Ireland to the Athlone area to coordinate with other valid info I have from that area of Patish Kiltoom. Thanks.

Diane
November 10, 2013 09:33AM

Looking for anyone else researching Thomas Mccabe married Elizabeth Cunningham; daughter Jane Mccabe born 1864 in Ireland, perhaps near Kiltoom Parish area; immigrated to Jersey City and attended St. Patrick married Patrick Doyle and had 7 children; 3 survived childhood illnesses. Jane Mccabe Doyle died in 1929 in Newark NJ. Please contact me for additional information dianesagstetter@ymail.com

Diane
November 16, 2013 10:58PM

Hello.
I don't know much about my family. My father is Donald Michael McCabe, born 10/05/1937, in Winner, SD. His father was Andrew Donald McCabe, born 5/4/1908, in St. Peters, Minnesota. My grandfather owned a ranch outside of Winner. He was married to Elva Elsie Likens who was born in Winner, SD on July 15, 1913. My grandfather had three children: my father, Mick, Mark, who is seven years younger than my father, and my aunt Jean, who is fourteen years younger than my father. My Great-grandfather was Patrick McCabe, who was born in Cleveland, Minnesota, in 1867. He was married to Sara Donnelly, who was born in St. Peter, Minnesota in 1890. Any information about the McCabes from Minnesota would be appreciated. Please respond to: lmmhartner@cox.net. Thank you. Lynne

Lynne
November 18, 2013 07:48PM

My grandfather was {Patrick or Henry } not sure. who married Rose Mccabe in County Monaghan and moved to the U.K. Widnes about 1880. They had five children.
My father the eldest played Rugby League for Widnes amergrated for a time to Australia, where he was one of the First Kangaroos in 1980.

Ruth Mcabe/McGahey

Ruth McGahey
To Ruth who posted the above.
My Great granddad (Thomas McCabe b.1881) played rugby league for the Kangaroos in 1908/09. He moved to Australia in 1906 from Widnes, Lancashire for a couple of years then returned to England again for a short time. After he returned to Australia he coached & lectured on the rules of rugby league. He was invited to join the Kangaroos on their 1st tour of England (1908/09). After the tour he remained behind and played for Oldham rugby Club. He married Edith (don't know her surname).He died in Widnes in 1960.His daughter Dorothy (I don't know how many children they had) married my granddad Charles Sydney Poole.
If you see this or anyone else for that matter & know more please contact me on clive@fullmontyyokohama.com

Thanks

Clive Poole
January 10, 2014 12:34AM

Ruth Mcabe/McGahey

Ruth McGahey
To Ruth who posted the above.
My Great granddad (Thomas McCabe b.1881 His father Henry (your Grandad I would guess) b.1862 Co Monaghan, Ireland)) played rugby league for the Kangaroos in 1908/09. He moved to Australia in 1906 from Widnes, Lancashire for a couple of years then returned to England again for a short time. After he returned to Australia he coached & lectured on the rules of rugby league. He was invited to join the Kangaroos on their 1st tour of England (1908/09). After the tour he remained behind and played for Oldham rugby Club. He married Edith (don't know her surname).He died in Widnes in 1960.His daughter Dorothy (I don't know how many children they had) married my granddad Charles Sydney Poole.
If you see this or anyone else for that matter & know more please contact me on clive@fullmontyyokohama.com

Thanks

Clive Poole
January 10, 2014 12:44AM

Hello Cookie,
My great grandfather was also Joseph McCabe married to Elizabeth Emma Field from the king Williams town area in South Africa and would therefore like to be in contact with you.
My grand father was William Eric Mccabe and had several brothers and sisters.
My email address is psmccabe@yahoo.co.uk
All RSA mcCabes are welcome to contact me.
Thank you
Patrick Hugh McCabe
Cape Town

Patrick Hugh McCabe
February 8, 2014 05:24PM

Hello McCabes!

My GG Grandmother was Margaret McCabe born about 1835-1839 Parish of Knockbride, County Cavan Ireland. She emmigrated to Iowa, USA abt 1856 and married Thomas Donohoe in 1858 and they lived in York Township Iowa. I would love to learn of her parents and any siblings she may have had.

I would love to be in contact with any cousins still living in the Windham/Oxford area.

I'm also researching the Donohoe line who came from County Carlow if anyone has information on this line. My GG Grandfather was Thomas Donohoe (1829-1880). Emmigrated to Iowa abt 1851.

Thank you,
Bernadette
Bernadette@CCSSoftware.com

Bernadette
February 9, 2014 03:33PM

Looking for John McCabe married to Janetta Anderson from Rosinlee, Lassawade, near Edinburgh, Scotland
Descendents live in NZ
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Pam
February 18, 2014 10:00PM

Researching the family of Felix McCabe b. 11 July 1817 probably in County Monaghan. Married Ellen/Alice Moore, b. 4 Feb. 1813 probably in County Monaghan. Found their marriage banns in Edinburgh, Scotland on 2 July 1837. The migrated to Canada,ended up in New York. Had 7 known children: James, Mary Jane, John, Ellen, Felix, Robert and Julia. 4 of these children living in the 1880's in Michigan. Only Julia and Ellen had issue. Felix had one known brother, Hugh b. 1832 who lived in Hudson, Michigan. According to a second marriage record I found of Felix and Ellen/Alice which took place in Adrian, Michigan, the parent's names were: Felix's parents were Patrick and Anna Hand McCabe; Ellen/Alice's parents names were William Moore and Bridget McArdle(?). Trying to locate townland in Ireland where they came from. Contact me at kharri1510@aol.com

Kay Harrison
March 18, 2014 04:17PM

Hi,

I am searching for any information of the McCabes of Monaghan. My mam is Anne McCabe daughter of Patrick and Annie McCabe.My grandfather was from the Carrickmacross area, Lossets Farm I have been told. He moved to Hackney, England where he met my grandmother Annie Spittlehouse and married in 1947 in Essex. My grandfather was born on 30/04/1915 son of Patrick and Ellen McCabe. I have found the death certificate for my great grandfather Patrick McCabe who deceased in 1930 aged 79. I can not seem to find any information after this. If any one has any info on these McCabes please email me claireflanagan123@gmail.com

Thanks

Claire
March 23, 2014 07:42AM

Not having much luck with a late 1600's, early 1700's ancestor of the Duchess Co., NY McCabes. His name is Edward and he was born in 1695 in Ireland. I have found a source that says he was born in Dublin, but don't know how accurate that is. He is in the US by 1727 when he marries Lydia Winters. They have a son named Matthew in 1735. I traveled to County Cavan, Ireland and spoke with someone in their genealogy society who believes that the McCabes at that time were Catholic and fought on the side of James II, and after the loss at Aughrim all Catholicism was outlawed and no records were kept. If anyone has anything helpful, please contact me at MichelleJD@yahoo.com
Thanks!

Michelle McCabe Hubert
May 7, 2014 03:20PM

I am a descendant to the McCabe clan. I am trying to find out any info on a John Henry McCabe DOB 8/7/1892 DOD: 1/23/1932. I am not really sure where he born or died at. He married a Fannie (Fany) May Bartlett on 10/6/1914. If anyone has them in their line please let me know.
You can email at billieosborn@comcast.net

Billie (McCabe) Osborn
May 13, 2014 03:43PM

Hi Looking for relatives of Hugh McCabe who married my great aunt Sara Josephine Collins ( born Ramsey I o Man) 25.11.1890. Hugh's parents were Joseph and Elizabeth. They had another son name Joseph and a daughter Mary. The parents ran a Stationers and Tobacconist in Seaforth Liverpool. Hugh and Sara ( known as Aunt Sadie) emigrated to N York in 1930 after both Hugh's parents had died. Sara is buried at Maughold Isle of Man in the family grave( Collins) but no mention of Hugh who I believe died in USA. They had no children. Any info on where he is buried and/or living relatives would be appreciated. Contact me smmf46@yahoo.co.uk

Manxie
May 26, 2014 09:05AM

I have a book that belonged to Henry Patrick McCabe. The book is from 1900, and is titled "Recruit Tommy Collins." It was given by a Rev. Fr. O' Brien- as is written on the first page.
Inside the book are Henry's graduation announcement, commencement exercises program, and class exercises program, all from Berwick Academy, 1926. There is also was looks to be like some kind of military discharge paper, titled, "CERTIFICATE OF DISCHARGE, For a Seaman Discharged Before A Superintendent or Consular Officer." This is dated Feb 8, 1927, and is stamped by the British Consulate, Boston.
I don't know how I came about this book, but if anyone knows this family of McCabes, I'd be happy to mail it to them.
Thanks,
Julie

Julie
July 15, 2014 01:24PM

I have a book that belonged to Henry Patrick McCabe. The book is from 1900, and is titled "Recruit Tommy Collins." It was given by a Rev. Fr. O' Brien- as is written on the first page.
Inside the book are Henry's graduation announcement, commencement exercises program, and class exercises program, all from Berwick Academy, 1926. There is also was looks to be like some kind of military discharge paper, titled, "CERTIFICATE OF DISCHARGE, For a Seaman Discharged Before A Superintendent or Consular Officer." This is dated Feb 8, 1927, and is stamped by the British Consulate, Boston.
I don't know how I came about this book, but if anyone knows this family of McCabes, I'd be happy to mail it to them.
Thanks,
Julie
Itsmejulielee@gmail.com

Julie
July 15, 2014 01:25PM

hello,i am the great granddaughter of Lawrence Mccabe,son of Thomas Mccabe,both from east orange NJ.Lawrence was born sometime around 1876ish. He served as an Assemblyman from 1913-1914 and was also Secretary of the Dem. county committee. He was a printer by trade. Worked for the Newark Star Eagle for 33yrs.Buried in Holy Sepulcher Cemetary,East Orange.He was survived by 2 daughters,Mrs.Marvel(Marion)and Mrs.Frederick(Loretta)my Grandmother,and a brother Joseph,and 2 sister Mrs John Boiler and Mrs John Cowan both of Newark.Both my G and GG Grandfathers were born in Nj. We are told that my GGG was also born in NJ. not to sure of his name.My Great grandfather served under Pres. Woodrow Wilson,and he was also percent at my Great Grandmothers funeral,she died very young when my Grandmother Loretta was around 8.If anyone has any ties please email me .Thanks so much.Denise deedeewolk@hotmail.com

denise
July 20, 2014 01:26PM

hi I asm trying to find out when and where my grandfther william aloysius McCabe died he was born on 9th june 1891 in crowthorne berkshire englnad and served in Queens Royal West Surrey regiment in ww1 he then went to canada in 1924 and i think he worked for Canadian National Railway I think he may have died in Montreal Quebec but have been unable to verify this

ipmoir@aol.com

irene moir
August 12, 2014 06:49AM

i,m looking for info on Cardinal Edward McCabes family-he is a relative ---i,m James T McCabe of Lindsay ,Ontario,Canada----have many relations in Canada and the USA my email is jamesmccabe57@yahoo.com

Lonewolf
August 21, 2014 06:02AM

Name:  (Or nickname)
Subject: (Required)
Anti-Spam: What colour is an orange?

Company Support Download Pricing Product Home