See topic list or Ask a question

all O'Leary's in USA

My name is Patricia O'leary Cunningham and I am one of 12 O'Leary's of Wilmington Delaware. We had an uncle who came through Boston from Ireland ..

Paddie O'Leary Cunningham
April 1, 2006 09:54PM

Looking for anyone anywhere in this world who claims to be a descendant of the Bhui/Bwee Clan starting with the poet Maihre/Maura Bwee O'Leary of Torreenean, Iveleary (Inchigeelagh) Co. Cork who married a James or John Burke. My main interest is her brother Richard, born 1795 who may have been my grt. grt. grandfather who was married five times and may have had my grt. grandfather Michael by one of his five wives. Please contact me at dbjoleary@aol.com.

Thanks,

Don O'Leary
Indianapolis, IN
USA

Don
May 5, 2008 09:26PM

Hey Don , My mother is Freda Cobb from London , England , her mother Bridget Rose Baines, who , in spite of the classic Irish name, was born in Fulham district in 1897 to Bridget Baines - whose maiden name was O'Leary. Not much to work with , but, so far, all I have. I'm using Ancestry.com library edition for free at the Sacramento (CA) Library; it's not much for Irish records, though. If my peeps hadn't done time in the heart of the Beast I'd have found no records yet. The birth certificate copy my mother sent me had all this info. Good luck in your search ! If you could share what you have I'd appreciate it, perhaps there's an O'Leary in your tree with a sister named Bridget. Long odds in Irish families, I know ...but, perhaps, MY greatgrandmother Bridget. Thanks and Blessed Be! David Whitson SpiritGael@yahoo.com

David Whitson
July 13, 2008 03:46PM

I haven't been able to trace my family orgins back. As far as I can get is to my great grandfather Raymond O'Leary. I have no date of birth or any other information. He was married to Florence, and had multiple children (Patrick, Larry, William, Dolores...) They divoriced and he remarried. All the children live(d) in Southern California. I heard that after the divorice he moved to northern California or Oregon. He may or may not have had other children. If this sounds at all familiar pleast email me @ sm_oleary@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Shannon

Shannon O'Leary
June 9, 2009 08:37PM

I was told I am a descendant of Maura Bwee O'Leary, and I am named after her. My cousin Richard told my father of my ancestor, poetess Maura Bwee. My grandfather, John Burke, came through the Boston area, (Newburyport, Mass,, to be exact), with an older sister. My name is Maura Burke.

Maura Burke
June 28, 2009 12:18AM

Hello! My Father, Francis J. Moran has done extensive genealogy and travel to Ireland over the last 30 or so years-and he's claimed that through Alexander Burke-we are related to Moira Bwee O'Leary. I have some paperwork. . .I'm in the Indianapolis, IN area. Kathleen Moran

Kathleen Moran
November 27, 2011 11:43PM

Name:  (Or nickname)
Subject: (Required)
Anti-Spam: What colour is an orange?

Company Support Download Pricing Product Home