See topic list or Ask a question

County Antrim

Hello, Is there anyone out there that can tell me if there are any McNeely's still living in Ireland( Co. Antrim or any other)? I have traced my American family back to as, being born about 1750 in Maryland and moving to southern Virginia. All of us doing our research here think that our patriarch was George McNeely, from Co. Antrim,1700-1750.
Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'd love to find some cousins still in Ireland!!!

Thanks so much, Michael McNeely

P.S. my e-mail is mlmcneely@cox.net

McNeely
March 14, 2009 04:34PM

Mcneely -- is derived from gaelic surname such as Mac an Fhilidh

----
Genealogy

Genealogy
June 2, 2009 04:33AM

yes there some still in Ireland. i'm Robert McNeely of NC

ROBERT MCNEELY
January 7, 2011 12:20AM

Really? That's cool. My mom is a McNeely and I am surprised at all the family trees that we are a part of that descend from George McNeely.

Krissy
January 9, 2011 07:27AM

Clan Mac an Fhilidh or Mac Neilly of Antrim was just registered his month with Clans of Ireland (in Irish, Finte na hÉireann), is an independent organisation established in 1989 with the purpose of creating and maintaining a Register of Clans.

The website for Clans of Ireland - Finte na hÉireann can be found here (Clan Mac an Fhilid has not yet been added to the Register of Clans appearing on the website, but hopefully soon:

[www.clansofireland.ie]

Variant surnames pertinent to this clan include (but are not limited to) the following:

M'Anelly, M'Enelly, M'Enillowe, M'Enilly, M'Inilly, MacAnilly, MacNilly, MacNeilly, MacNielly, MacNeely, MacNeally, MacNealey, Maneilly, Maneely, Meneely, Mineely, Nealy, Neely, Neeley, Neilly, etc.

For more information, please contact:

clan_neely@yahoo.com

Richard Neely
August 23, 2011 11:30PM

Name:  (Or nickname)
Subject: (Required)
Anti-Spam: What colour is an orange?

Company Support Download Pricing Product Home